DIfferent Skins for armors

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by 3REDRUM3, Aug 18, 2014.

1. 3REDRUM3

3REDRUM3 Member

That may have benn suggested on livestreams a few times and there is the Beta Survivor and the Retro armor already, who there are different skins for the Knight and the Berserker armor, but i want to mention that would be very cool if there were a themed skins for armors. For example they could be Halloween themed skins, or 8-bit themed. I think that will be cool to see three different people wearing the olympian chest for example but each one of them to have a different skin armor

2. Tekakato

Tekakato New Member

Or they should make you able to change the color scheme of armor just like the do in Halo 3. that would be nice too.

3. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose New Member

That you can do already. Go to C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\my games\Minimum\MinGame\Config\MinGame.ini and find [Engine.TGBColorMap]. Under that title, there are colour schemes for what I presume are all armours in the game. Also friendly and enemy colours (being white and red by default) and some other stuff, it seems.

3 people like this.
  4. Goldenspacebiker

Goldenspacebiker New Member

Good to know it's possible, but it would be nice to have some form of a UI to do it ingame without all the hassle of messing with files.

5. Sonitorum

Sonitorum New Member

There's a crapton of interesting names I'm seeing for the armors. Barbarian, DragonSlayer, Excelsior, Legionary, Commando, TipsyDwarf...

6. Laoo

Laoo New Member

If this game turns F2P, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to make money out of it.
    @Sonitorum > looks like there is some sick stuff coming out soon.

7. TJ

TJ Human Head Staff Staff Member

we do have in mind a whole list of new skins right now, they will be released during our Full out of early release patch, i showed one of them off last weekend Wednesday... well not a variation on a skin, but one of the new ones. which reminds me, i should make one of them sooner than later

but if you have any suggestions on a specific one you would like to see toss it to us

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2014
  8. 3REDRUM3

3REDRUM3 Member

I already suggested Halloween themed and 8-bit themed but i also want to suggest Dragon themed and Dinosaur themed ones if you don't release a full Dragon or Dinosaur Armor

9. TJ

for halloween i'd like to do frankenstein, zombie, floating ghost, vampire, skelleton, and perhaps the creature from the black lagoon... you know, classic figures... and no, the vampire will not sparkle.

and i wouldn't mind more 8 bit armors.

2 people like this.
  10. Pill_

Pill_ Member

How about something that forces enemy armour to bright monochrome plates? I'd be willing to pay for that if necessary, but then again, I suspect I'm pretty much the only one in that regard.

11. TJ

that would be onto our programmers, right now they are at an all out nerf war with the artists, it is pretty brutal and fun to watch. now onto the point. That is possible, but as you saw, you are a minor voice and i don't think that is the direction we want our game to go where the other team players are just a big solid color.

12. Pill_

Pill_ Member

Well while solid bright colours would be ideal, I would already be overjoyed if the armours were just a little brighter and easier to spot against the background. As it is now, I sometimes do have trouble seeing enemy players. Making them more visible wouldn't just be beneficial for nerdy tryhards like myself, but for casual new players as well, because you'd give them an easy visual cue for important information ("See that red thing over there? It's probably gonna try and kill you if you go over there"). Compare it to hitsounds.

13. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose New Member

I'm with Pill on this one, I'd aslo very much like to see all enemies fully of one colour and all friendlies fully of another. You don't have to froce that setting on players, same as you don't have to force low graphics settings on users who prefer to play a prettier and flashier game.

Also, I've had many new players attack me because I was wearing reddish armour pieces (like Disaster Legs or the Olympian Helmet). And there are all these colourblind people, too.

14. TJ

as i said before, i don't think that is a direction we want to go with the game, players have to learn to identify their enemies, that is why we added the red color to the other team. Adding a solid color to the enemy team would make our artist who had to do all the work want to strangle some one over such a change too, so for the sake of our safety here at HH, not going to happen, sorry guys, no solid color armors for the enemy team. Perhaps a skin may be such a way in the future, but again that is a skin.

as for the color blind people, yeah that is an issue for those with red colorblind, having played the game with no red my self it does make the enemies rather tough to spot in the dark, but upon closer look and practice (not being colorblind my self) i was able to pick them off as hostile targets. but we are looking to add in (ultimately) a system where you can pick i want the enemy team to be *insert color here* while you play

15. Goldenspacebiker

Goldenspacebiker New Member

Thats going to be good. Could the same be done for the player's team as well?

16. TJ

i don't see why not, it wouldn't be any time soon, but, you could be team power ranger pink

17. LebronJames

LebronJames Active Member

I call dibs on pink player models.

2 people like this.