Getting Rid of Sticky Grenades

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SolarLune, Aug 16, 2014.

1. methman28

methman28 New Member

2. LebronJames

LebronJames Active Member

I'm amused at how much you shitpost.

5 people like this.
  3. mutanteggs

mutanteggs New Member

i have not once ever been killed by a sticky

4. SolarLune

SolarLune New Member

I have, but only by sticking it onto a bot that was running toward me, haha. It's pretty fun to use. I've yet to use them effectively against a human enemy, though.

5. Simskiller

Simskiller New Member

THEN WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU CALLING FOR A NERF? WHAT IS THIS THREADS PURPOSE?

6. LebronJames

I am at a loss of words, and am pretty sure I had an aneurism after reading that because based on the information available to me one of two things have happened here.

1. You saw my thread and decided that me getting 10~ unique kills over a period of 8 hours with sticky grenades meant that they were extremely overpowered.

2. You stuck a sword bot that was walking at you. Then was unable to react to the bot walking at you. Then decided that it was unfair for the bot to have nothing he could do to change his fate afterwards. Thus deemed the situation overpowered.

Option two explains so much.

2 people like this.
  7. SolarLune

SolarLune New Member

@Simskiller - Dude, chill. I hadn't had any experience in actually using them, so I was asking players who had used them what they thought.

@LebronJames - Okay? I'm not sure why I'd blame the game that I threw a sticky grenade at an enemy who proceeded to walk into me while stuck. That's my fault, and that's the point of the sticky grenade.

The point of this thread is to ask what players think of a counter mechanic to getting stuck. A simple "nah, it's pretty hard to pull off and can't even OHK you usually; they're probably fine the way they are for now" would've been fine.

Don't forget the game's in Early Access, so if gameplay's going to change, we as a community need to ask for it.

EDIT: In case people might have mistaken the title, I meant "Unsticking Sticky Grenades", not removing them from the game (though I'm sure people don't think that's the case after reading the first post).

8. Simskiller

Simskiller New Member

I have no words for how stupid you are

9. 3REDRUM3

3REDRUM3 Member

I think that the problem here is that people complain very often about weapons that they kill them and ''they can't do nothing 'bout it''. I mean if you look at the forum or the steam discussions you'll see people complaining all the time about the Katanas, the Snipers, the Launchers and now about the Sticky Grenades and that's because when someone keeps dying from the same weapon over and over again they think that they can't do nothing to avoid their certain death, so instead of trying to find ways to counter that weapon they decide to start complaining

10. Pill_

Pill_ Member

I don't mean to be rude but, uhm, duh?

11. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose New Member

That's unnecessarily mean, you guys are setting a poor example for this forum. If you don't agree with someone's opinion, you don't have to be a jerk to be about it.

2 people like this.
  12. Banana Jones

Banana Jones New Member

Damn moose you are pants on head retarded, i mean have you even seen snowball? Get good.

13. LebronJames

I don't see how calling out someone who admits to deliberately posting with the point to upset someone makes me a jerk, but okay.

2 people like this.
  14. Collin

Collin Human Head Staff Staff Member

15. 3REDRUM3

3REDRUM3 Member

I know that may the things i said is pretty simple and everyone knows it, but i wanted to point that out so hopefully people would stop complaining all the time

16. Pill_

Pill_ Member

If I've learnt anything from SMNC, it's that people will not stop complaining all the time.

17. Eye GG Why

Eye GG Why New Member

The CoD semtex dropped if you held it out when you died, at least Minimum doesn't have that mechanic!