Grenade Cooking & Status

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zandorum, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Zandorum

Zandorum New Member

Something I've Enjoyed in Fortress Forever is Knowing even if its is thrown how close it is to exploding, If we had both that and Grenade Cooking we could be-able to be extremely tactical with grenades.

2. TheOllyfin

TheOllyfin New Member

you see most games ive been playing that have this feature theres always some guy who uses the nades as his only weapon xD.
    But i think its a good idea i just dont think it would work well in a third person shooter

3. Zandorum

Zandorum New Member

Gears of war might say otherwise ;P

4. DragonShark

DragonShark New Member

You can't really aim with no cooking.
    You can't time your throws.
    Grenades have to be cooked or else they wont be as effective as they can be.
    Cooking really should be a good option.

5. Rehtael

Rehtael Member

I disagree. Grenades in this game are remarkably powerful, being able to kill within a fairly wide radius. While I think skillcap weapons are important, I believe that's where sticky grenades come into place. With the grenades as powerful as they are, it's good that players have a small window to dodge them, otherwise all the pro players would stomp everyone by just cooking and throwing so that the instant kill explosion can't be avoided.

6. DragonShark

DragonShark New Member

True but I am not really good at throwing grenades and I have played for around 150 hours.
    It's very VERY rare that you actually get a kill.
    Grenades should be cooked, like in every other game.

7. Rehtael

Rehtael Member

I think that falls under poor aim. I get plenty of grenade kills because I know how to use them. (That said, I've been playing hardcore shooters for a LONG time)
    That and grenades allow you to flush people out, so they have more utility beyond simply exploding.

8. DragonShark

DragonShark New Member

But there are more people who don't know how to use them.
    So it would be easyer if people could cook them to make it more beginner friendly.

9. Rehtael

Rehtael Member

That's not newb-friendly, that's pro-friendly. Newbs don't have the skill to cook grenades well, and it cooking only serves to empower the powerful. The sticky grenade is the guaranteed kill grenade when its user has enough skill.

10. BadDecisions

BadDecisions New Member

Cooking + Disaster Helmet = GG

11. Rehtael

Rehtael Member

Pretty much.

12. TJ

TJ Human Head Staff Staff Member

no cooking, you throw grenades just like in halo!

5 people like this.
  13. DragonShark

DragonShark New Member

;(

14. Mensaniac

Mensaniac New Member

Yeah I've met that guy too :D

[​IMG]

2 people like this.