How'd You Get into PC Gaming?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jeromy, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Jeromy

Jeromy New Member

Currently I am quite bored, so I made a random topic for the massive 85+ members of the forums.

I was originally a console player, when I was younger my older brother had a Xbox which was a gateway into the console world. 3-4 years ago I had picked up the orange box for the Xbox 360 to try out Team Fortress 2 and saw there was a much more updated version on PC. I had a mediocre computer but tried it out anyways. I loved it and spent more than 1200 hours on it. My Xbox 360 has been collecting dust ever since.

2. Collin

Collin Human Head Staff Staff Member

I started back on my 386 playing Carmen Sandiego and SimCity 2000. Been building my own machines since my Celeron 300A.

Current Machine:
    2500K @ 4.1 GHz
    16 GB of RAM
    Nvidia 570
    480 GB SSD
    2 TB Local Storage
    24" Dell Monitor

I also have a QNAP 412 NAS and MacBook Air 13", as well as PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Fire TV, 3DS, Vita, and iPhone.

3. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose New Member

I think I got my first computer when I was 5 and I remember playing Doom and discussing cheatcodes and secrets with my classmates. I also remember my first mouse, my dad's friend came and installed it with Windows 98 and Quake, which I kept trying to beat with a keyboard. I also remember people who, like me, played Quake or Doom on keyboard and refused to switch to mouse were called "tractor-drivers" for some reason.
    I have never even seen a gaming console, but I have held an X360 gamepad once.

Currently I have a rather old computer that barely runs this game, but my country's at war with Russia so all the prices for computer parts have skyrocketed and I can't afford to build a new one.

4. Jays Ego

Jays Ego New Member

Yo man I was professional Runescape player back in the day along with the APB I needed something that would fit my super styley gamer playstyle. After that my big game was SMNC in which ive racked over 4400 hours into.

I was just a nerd from a lil kid basically -

Right now im running on:

16GB RAM
    I5 3770 @ 3.4GHZ
    NVIDA 760 TI Superclocked
    MSI Z87 Motherboard
    120gb Samsung SSD
    1TB Harddrive

Wanting to still upgrade parts of it atm, wanting a K processor since the one i have literately cannot be overclocked, i tried.

5. Sonitorum

Sonitorum New Member

Long ago, the PS3, X360, my PC and I lived together in harmony.
    Then, everything changed when the Half-Life 2 attacked.

6. mutanteggs

mutanteggs New Member

i saw an article in game informer about half life 2, looked up half life 1, and was like "shit i want that noise, make it happen" so it happened

7. Eye GG Why

Eye GG Why New Member

If a Mac counts: I found Webkinz at a very young age, played for a year or two then moved onto Neopets which I loved for it's economy. When Minecraft was around the 1.4 update which was when the nether came out my friend showed me and I play that to this day. I played Minecraft all the time up until my parents were divorced and my "stepdad" brought his two sons to live with my sister, mom, and I. They have been some of my best friends for ~3 years and we played Minecraft when we first met however the elder of the two started getting into LoL which at first I didn't care for and couldn't play since it was on PC only. Finally when it was released to Mac I got into it and reached a silver 3 ranking after a bronze 2 placement in season 4. One day I came home and found the elder stepbrother playing CS:GO and I really liked its economy so I bought it and a few other games on steam.

If Mac doesn't: First PC I've ever used to play a game was at Humanhead where I played Minimum. I really liked the chat and overlay of steam as well as other features of the PC. This will most likely lead to me purchasing one for home and transferring my steam account from mac to PC.

TL;DR: I play Reddit, CS:GO, Minecraft, League of Legends in that order.

8. dclanz

dclanz New Member

Been a PC gamer for awhile but with the release of Torchlight 2 I decided to go legit, get steam and buy all my games.