Just nerf/rework the Giant Killer sword already.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by P3TC0CK, Oct 26, 2014.

1. P3TC0CK

P3TC0CK New Member

I know there is a "swords are op" circle jerk and a "swords are totally easily counterable hur dur dur" circle jerk, but I think we can agree that this sword is ridiculous. Dash + 2 hit kill (with an insanely quick left click attack) + AoE damage is insane.

I really don't understand what you guys were thinking when you designed this weapon. Not only is the attack speed nuts, the AoE + first hit is basically a 1-hit kill on most people.

For anyone doubting that this weapon is overpowered, just give the weapon a try. Hell, give it to any of your friends who just started playing after they've just grasped the basics and watch them wreck shop.

2. LebronJames

LebronJames Active Member

All the swords do the exact same damage* dog.

3. Rehtael

Rehtael Member

I agree, actually. With the GK on, I've never had an issue outdoing other swordsmen. Given its Titan-specific damage roll, it could be nerfed just slightly in player-on-player combat. Nothing too substantial, maybe just 10-20% damage reduction, see where that leaves things. Just a thought.

4. TLaw122

TLaw122 Member

There isnt much difference from other katanas. Just the aoe dmg is casted during the 1st hit and not the last.

5. P3TC0CK

P3TC0CK New Member

I didn't complain about the base damage in my post, I complained about the attack speed and AoE Damage. It's ridiculous.

the AoE Damage which can give you a 1 hit kill depending on gear (actually, sometimes it doesn't even matter) and what seems like an insanely quick attack speed compared to other swords.

6. Rehtael

Rehtael Member

It's not faster compared to other swords. If anything it's slower.

7. TLaw122

TLaw122 Member

To me there is no difference in atrack speed in all katanas. The only thing is the "early" AoE damage, but ok lets say its unfair compared to other karanas... In the end it all comes down to how good u are with a weapon and how good u can kite the enemy, cause none of the weapons is op. Everything has its benefits and its drawbacks.

8. LebronJames

LebronJames Active Member

There's also no difference in attack speed in any of the swords. The AoE damage is also identical to that of the Inferno Katana, and its skins.

9. Ghorm

Ghorm New Member

Honestly, the only time I have a real problem with swordsman is in TDM and getting stuck on terrain bugs. Other than that, situational awareness is paramount to succeeding in this game. Keep your head on a swivel, and have egress in mind for when you see a naruto charging at you. Learn the maps and develop escape routes.

I see far too many people running backwards while a swordsman is in their face, when they should be sprinting away, jumping and doing a 180 in the air to land shots (at least deterring them) on their assailant.

10. Rehtael

Rehtael Member

"I see far too many people running backwards while a swordsman is in their face, when they should be sprinting away, jumping and doing a 180 in the air to land shots (at least deterring them) on their assailant."

Or just shooting them then taking out their own sword to finish off the wounded swordsman. That usually works for me.

11. TLaw122

TLaw122 Member

What u guys said is right. But even for those who dont want to do all that, there are quite few weapons that counter katans :)