Map Tactics

Discussion in 'Tips & Tactics' started by Pika, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Pika

Pika New Member

Post them here! Whether lone wolf tactics or group play, share why you think a certain tactic works best, what areas to avoid, etc.

2. LebronJames

LebronJames Active Member

You can place mines on the future doors in Space Station 13 or whatever that map is called.

4 people like this.
  3. Sonitorum

Sonitorum New Member

To catch the Golden Creep, it's helpful to know where and when it spawns so you can camp in those locations and start chasing it. Be ready to fight for control over these locations if need be.

The Golden Creep spawns after the timer at the right goes over 1:10 during the Creep Farming phase. Here are the Golden Creep spawn locations:

Desert Canyon: Either on the left or right sides of the map where the creeps spawn. On each side, you'll notice that spawns alternate between two different spots, but the Golden Creep will spawn between those spots.

Titan Factory: In the lower level area on either the left or right side.

Disaster Zone: On either the far left or far right side of the map, where the golden crystals are located.

Path of the Lanterns: In the area where the Titans fight, near the edge of the cliff.

It would also help to know what paths they follow so that you can possibly catch up with them if you don't reach the spawn locations, but unfortunately I don't have all of that information compiled now.

3 people like this.
  4. Laoo

Laoo New Member

Do they really follow paths? I mean I know they go around the map but their AI must be similar to creeps'. They just keep running.

5. Sonitorum

Sonitorum New Member

Yeah, there's a specific path that the Golden Creep follows, but the starting point and initial direction of travel are chosen randomly out of all possible points and directions per point.

I think that for every starting point, there's only two initial directions. I'm gonna have to observe it more closely to see, though, especially on PoL where there's only one starting point (but there could be 4 directions or something).

6. Eye GG Why

Eye GG Why New Member

We need Tmartn to do a Jumps and Spots series on Minimum.

7. Laoo

Laoo New Member

It is true for Path of Lantens. It spawns in the "Titan Area" (where they fight) and runs towards one of the bases, following the exact same path. Might apply to other maps too, as you said, it has to be observed.