Pleaase give the option for non-auto sprint

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by obscure, Sep 17, 2014.

1. obscure

obscure New Member

its really throwing me off i try to do my thing and i keep auto sprinting forward at the worst times

need to able to hold sprint but not have it go automatically forward....

Please just give the option for both.............PLEASE LOL

2. itisjustjeff

itisjustjeff Member

Sprinting is only for forward movement. There hasn't been any talk of adding a sprint in any other direction.

3. obscure

obscure New Member

Thats not what I mean...What I mean is when you hold shift it automatically moves you forward without having to hold W

So its very annoying and I need to able to hold Shift and have it not to do that.

4. itisjustjeff

itisjustjeff Member

I don't see why it's an issue. Holding shift+w still accomplishes the same goal as just holding shift. What is the issue with leaving your pinky on shift, and not leaving it on anything?

5. obscure

obscure New Member

because when ur trying to play fast and keep away from people and do 360's and keep moving you just tend to hold shift the entire time. and u hit the ground from a jump and unintentionally start sprinting a random direction because it auto sprints u

6. obscure

obscure New Member

or u try to do a quick 180 to get some shots off on the guy with swords charging at u. and you end up sprinting at him for no good reason

7. Ogretoe

Ogretoe New Member

I absolutely never use the feature of "walking" forward. If I move forward I always use the sprint. It is very tiring to keep the sprint button held down for hours of play. The need to make an auto-sprint option is absolutely indismissible.

8. Rehtael

Rehtael Member

Personally I dislike lurching forward just because I have the shift key held down. As someone who plays lots of Planetside2, I can tell you how much sprinting you do in a shooter, and while it's important to not be able to sprintstrafe, I would like to be able to have the key down while standing still, so the moment I tap W, I'm running.

9. obscure

obscure New Member

My thoughts exactly Rehtael

10. Rehtael

Rehtael Member

And a lot of times, I hold down the sprint key, then turn around to start running, but in this game that causes me to run into what I'm trying to get away from. Rather annoying.