Power Up the Beam Rifle

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DragonShark, Aug 24, 2014.

1. DragonShark

DragonShark New Member

It's maybe a bit too weak, at start it almost can do no damage, devs please power it up a bit. And make it a decent weapon.

2. DragonShark

DragonShark New Member

The first 3 levels are too weak, they almost do no damage.

3. LebronJames

LebronJames Active Member

The beam rifle is an awesome rifle with 100 ammo, and has no reload. At level 5 it's a godly minigun.
    EDIT: For clarity I'm only responding in this thread with posts made by DragonShark yesterday where he made an additional thread to talk about the Beam Rifle in the same subforum as another thread that already had an ongoing discussion about the Beam Rifle. Then he proceeded to talk about how the Beam Rifle is great despite only mentioning how it is terrible.

I actually think the gun is under powered.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
    2 people like this.
  4. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose New Member

Aren't there already two threads about the Beam Rifle, one of them posted by none other than yourself?

5. DragonShark

DragonShark New Member

Yeah yeah, but I noticed that the Bullet hell is stronger than the Beam Rifle.
    But why is that? The Bullet hell is a beginners gun.

6. Banana Jones

Banana Jones New Member

That is awful logic. The beginning weapons should ACTUALLY be in general the most well rounded. Look at Hawken, their starter mech, while basic, was top tier.

7. LebronJames

LebronJames Active Member

It's a constant beam firing over and over. Pretty awesome huh? I really like it for some reason I get GREAT kills with it!
    EDIT: For clarity I'm only responding in this thread with posts made by DragonShark yesterday where he made an additional thread to talk about the Beam Rifle in the same subforum as another thread that already had an ongoing discussion about the Beam Rifle. Then he proceeded to talk about how the Beam Rifle is great despite only mentioning how it is terrible.

I actually think the gun is under powered.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
  8. DragonShark

DragonShark New Member

Mkay then, well I guess I was wrong there.

9. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose New Member

Only if you're hitting with all barrels. How often does that happen?
    The Auto Sniper is flat out stronger than the Beam Rifle, that's true.

10. TJ

TJ Human Head Staff Staff Member

for the beam rilfe you will see that after about 1000 yards the damage falls off to half of its original damage, so if you are closer you will do more. as for the lower levels, i do agree, it is difficult to use. i have a slight damage buff in mind for it, but we are going to give it more than a weekend to test