Rock, Paper, Scissors

Discussion in 'Tips & Tactics' started by Eye GG Why, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Eye GG Why

Eye GG Why New Member

Your weapon isn't useless, and their weapon isn't op, here is a collection of which guns are better in which situations.

Guns by maps:

Path Of Lanterns:
    Use: Bullet Hells, Snipers, Launchers

You can try: Shotguns, Swords

Don't use: Jump Katana, Giant Slayer, Grenade Launcher, Taser Shotgun

Space Station (Inside):
    Use: Swords, Shotguns, Bullet Hells
    You can try: Launchers

Don't use: Snipers

Space Station (Outside):
    Use: Bullet Hells, Launchers,

You can try
    : Shotguns, Snipers

Don't use
    : Swords

The Event:
    Use: Bullet Hells, Launchers, Snipers, Shotguns, Swords

Titan Factory:
    Use: Bullet Hells, Launchers, Snipers, Shotguns, Swords

Disaster Zone:
    Use: Snipers, Launchers, Bullet Hells

You can try: Shotguns, Swords

Desert Canyon:
    Use: Bullet Hells, Launchers, Snipers, Swords, Shotguns

Class Counters:
    • ">" means beats
    • "~" means situation by situation
    Long Range:

Snipers > All

Medium Range:

Snipers > Shotguns

Snipers ~ Swords*

Bullet Hells > Snipers

Bullet Hells > Launchers

Launchers > Swords

Launchers > Shotguns

*If Sword is running at Sniper, Sniper should win.

Short Range:

All > Snipers

Swords > All (From Behind)

Shotguns > All ( From Behind)

Swords ~ Shotguns

Launchers ~ Bullet Hells

Launchers ~ Shotguns

Launchers ~ Swords

Sniper Foodchain:

Cryo Sniper ~ Explosive Sniper (Depends who hits first)

Auto Sniper > All (In the open)

All > Rail Sniper (TBD)

2. Eye GG Why

Eye GG Why New Member

Heavy WIP

3. Sonitorum

Sonitorum New Member

We could use more small, divided maps rather than mostly open maps like PoL and Disaster Zone.

4. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose New Member

Personally, I'd say that the Auto Sniper beats pretty much everything everywhere, no matter what the range is.

It has higher DPS than all shotguns but the Auto and aiming at short range is pretty easy as you do not have to go for headshots. Attacks from behind with pretty much any weapon would wreck you, but even at close range only two things pose danger - the Auto Shotgun and launchers, that are used to detonate Frags and Stickies (especially the Grenade Launcher, a technique known as "banana-bombing").

At a range, where right clicking with an Auto Shotgun would oneshot, it's pretty much the best. Even against backstabbing swordsmen, as they don't oneshot you, but you do oneshot them.

That gun is borderline useless, no doubt about that.

Also,
    With a Jump Katana or a Speedy Shotgun you can go over walls in places other than those chokepoint gates (combined with Icarus Legs you can get over those walls in any place) and with a Taser Shotgun you can pretty much lock down those chokepoint gates so nobody can go through. A single player can alternate between Taser Shotgun alt-fire and a Napalm grenade to keep one entrance to the creep area inaccessible.
    Banana-bombing creep farming players with a Grenade Launcher and Frags is even more powerful on this map since both projectiles go in an arc and are easier to get down in the water without exposing yourself.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
  5. Laoo

Laoo New Member

I think one my biggest disadvantages (and advantages too) is that I always use my main Loadout: Bullet Hell, Cryo, Frag Grenade. Disadvantage because I have no idea of how other weapons work, advantage because I've been using it since I play the game, I'm not saying I master these 3 weapons but I'm not too bad I guess.

Also you should mention the armors. For example, in Titan Factory you would use Icarus legs(/Samurai legs(?) as they allow you to escape really fast (double jump is wonderful), ect...

(by the way useless note, the thread's name makes me think of Titans fighting, I have no idea why)

6. Eye GG Why

Eye GG Why New Member

See, I was debating on spliting up the parts of this map like I did for Space Station because I completely agree with you. I will probrobly go through and split up maps like such in the future. Thanks!

7. Eye GG Why

Eye GG Why New Member

I hope to make this a larger thread about everything I have an opinion on as far as loadouts go aswelll as armor. I hope Minimum releases a video series for weapons which would be awesome. But for now we have to live off experience.

8. Eye GG Why

Eye GG Why New Member

Yeah, this is just a rough start.

9. Pika

Pika New Member

Maps for deathmatch with multiple floors akin to quake would be nice.

10. Jays Ego

Jays Ego New Member

why would I use anything else other then auto sniper and auto shotgun if I was playing seriously?

2 people like this.
  11. Pika

Pika New Member

When the new patches roll out, auto shotgun will be back where it belongs. It's reload time is atrocious. Auto sniper is still good though, but we will just have to wait and see until the new weapons are implemented.