Some kind of a healing item.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DragonShark, Sep 7, 2014.

1. DragonShark

DragonShark New Member

So in Minimum you have to run alot to actually be good, and make kills.
    But if someone can heal you im process, would be great.
    So it can heal your allies.
    You can equip it in one of your slots and makes the regeneration speed a bit faster.

Or maybe something like a heal grenade that heals you with splash damage where it lands.
    So you can heal yourself a bit when running.

We all know that there are healing katana's but I would like to make the healing items see their own weapon tree in minimum.

Leave suggestions below, thanks! - DragonShark

2. Sonitorum

Sonitorum New Member

There IS the old Self-Heal Device concept that was apparently scrapped. It'd be lovely to see that (and the rest of the scrapped Devices) make a comeback for the sake of fresh content besides the explosive Devices. http://playminimum.com/object_category/devices/

The only idea I have is for there to be a Rejuvenator, a craftable Deployable that steadily recovers your HP over time when you stand within a certain radius from it. Normal health regeneration, and the delay from being damaged to regenerating, isn't affected. It's basically TF2's dispenser, but without ammo recovery (maybe there can be a separate Device for that?).

And slightly off-topic, but if Heal Katana usage (for healing others and not just yourself) is to keep up with the pace of the game, then IMO the secondary fire healing needs its cooldown shortened and AoE bumped up. Everyone's mobile most of the time, so higher AoE would help in that you wouldn't have to be within arm-length of your ally to give heals. But then there's also the issue that the long secondary fire delay renders heals as not very consistent or convenient, qualities that TF2's Medigun possesses. In that regard and with the current design of the Heal Katanas, shortened cooldown would help massively with ease of use and support utility.

3. Zandorum

Zandorum New Member

I enjoy this idea but I also think a Healing Grenade would be amazing too, It should explode on contact with anything making a pink smoke cloud that heals (Its also a Smoke grenade).

4. TJ

TJ Human Head Staff Staff Member

yes, there was a self heal device, i abused the hell out of it and then we removed it cause it makes a good player almost impossible to kill, however it may be added back later in a different form

5. DragonShark

DragonShark New Member

That would be great.

6. Sonitorum

Sonitorum New Member

Did the Self-Heal device just heal instantly? If so, then I can see that being a pretty difficult Device to regulate amongst the others.

What if it just healed gradually, though? Take one and just heal 100 HP over a duration of 2-3 seconds. Either that or it can act as a sort of "stim pack", cancelling the delay from being damaged to regenerating HP, and allowing you to regenerate immediately (won't shield you from damage momentarily; if you take damage immediately after taking the "stim pack", you must wait to recover again).

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2014
  7. TJ

TJ Human Head Staff Staff Member

it was an instant heal to 100hp which at the time was max, with a 30 sec cooldown... so yeah, pretty overpowered in the right hands.

So lately we have been tossing around the idea of secondary devices that you can only get in game and use X times before you have to find another, some of these devices may be a heal pack, or a 2nd turret, or even a pack of shards/fragments for horde mode. as well as a few other items that will be map specific/game mode specific.

8. obscure

obscure New Member

just use olympian chestplate u regen super fast

9. Rehtael

Rehtael Member

I'd love to see something like the TF2 Crusader's Crossbow, only more useful. Shoot teammates to heal them, shoot enemies to damage them. Then we could have designated team medics.

10. DragonShark

DragonShark New Member

True but in some situations not fast enough.