Swords,They are OP.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nevakonaza, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Nevakonaza

Nevakonaza New Member

Joined 2 games last night,each game 1 guy just running around invisible (must be a perk/unlock?) then suddenly appearing behind and hacking everyone up..the swords are Overpowered seriusly makes me not want to play the game when you can unload hald a clip into someone and they just run at you and hack you up with a sword its stupid.

Please look into making some changes or balance them out.

2. itisjustjeff

itisjustjeff Member

Swords are not overpowered. If you just stand there shooting at a sword, 9/10 they will kill you. Run away, don't engage in close-quartered combat with them. They are very easy to counter.

I would suggest, if you are still having trouble, invest in major tom legs and try jumping over them to start.

3. rawket

rawket New Member

Swords are the easiest weapons to counter. They're only REALLY effective against new players that haven't worked out basic strategies.

4. Monarch

Monarch New Member

Swords are boring as hell to use in this game. I usually just switch to stickies and get the revenge kill. Since I haven't played enough to counter them 100% of the time. Not sure how anyone finds te fun to use but to each his own I guess.

5. DragonShark

DragonShark New Member

Swords are just not OP.
    They are mostly used by players who don't really know how to play the game yet.
    Swords are easy to deal with, very easy actually. Just pay attention.

If this info is not enough for ya, just go and look at @Sonitorum 's guide.

6. Pika

Pika New Member

I'd like an op katana. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

7. FloUrCOD

FloUrCOD New Member

I think A way to counter this would be that they add an ability to punch enemies a distance away from you, so you odnt have to keep these stupind swords in your face...

8. Ogretoe

Ogretoe New Member

"close quarters combat" is not situational and not 100% possible to avoid.
    There are two counters to a sword attack.
    A dash.
    Your own sword.

More dash-variant weapons should be made. Or dash should be removed from swords. Or movement skills should be made into its own customizable entity, separate from weapons.

9. dclanz

dclanz New Member

To me, dash is essential for swords. To counter them, rain fire from the heavens, dash away yourself or hack as they come to you.

10. Swiiitan

Swiiitan New Member

Swords are not OP in my opinion, as mentioned before it is fairly easy to avoid a sword.
    Though i do not agree that the sword is shitty as some guys here says. I'we been getting some pretty awesome kills with it, not only against noobs.

I find myself playing like 70% of the time with a sword and 30% with guns, and i usually end up with some sick k/d scores.
    I don't wanna brag but lately in TDM's i usually do half of the team.

11. Krotain

Krotain New Member

The dash is a bit bugged though, I have found two instances in which the dash makes me infinity dash. Some times if the sword is at max level and I dash and switch weapons quickly it will do the infinite dash or if I hit right click twice it will also do it sometimes. I already emailed them but no responce.

12. Krotain

Krotain New Member

One way I counter swords without my own is using the bullet hell's right click while trying to anticipate their strikes and jumping over them.

13. Rehtael

Rehtael Member

Stay mobile and use the environment to your advantage. If you're not geared for close quarters, stay in places where you have a good line of sight. Swords are NOT overpowered, they're what is considered a FOO strategy.

3 people like this.
  14. TJ

TJ Human Head Staff Staff Member

Thankyou Rehtael for posting this, i have been trying to explain this to the new players

15. Rehtael

Rehtael Member

As someone who is trying to become a game dev, understanding these things is VERY important to me.

3 people like this.
  16. TLaw122

TLaw122 Member

At first i had trouble dealing with katanas too... At 1st i found taser shogun which has a preety decent slow... Later i started playing auto shotgun (my fav weapon). The katana dudes come into my face with 5lv katans and i instakill them with a right click, even with 1lv auto shotty, its rly easy...
    And about what FloUrCOD said, the auto shotgun's right click if it doesnt kill the enemy it knockbacks them rly far. I think u should try this.

3 people like this.
  17. janoot

janoot New Member

I always play with swords and I have my own tactic which makes it quite hard to kill me often in small maps. As long as other players without swords keep distance it's not easy to kill them.