The Minimum Competitive Scene (Steam Group)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LebronJames, Sep 9, 2014.

1. LebronJames

LebronJames Active Member

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TheMinimumCompetitiveScene/

Before you join this group ask yourself these questions
    1. Are you interested in playing Minimum at a higher level?
    2. Does the thought of teamwork give you arousal?
    3. Is your free time, and respect for other players something you easily part with?
    4. Do you have a working microphone, and the ability to download Mumble?
    5. If you don't have a microphone. Get Mumble anyways to benefit from communication.
    Then join this group, and have the opportunity to be a part of the first ever [​IMG]MINIMUM SCRIM[​IMG] this weekend!

Join the Mumble where the scrims take place!: fish.mumbleboxes.com:36063

[​IMG]RULES ARE OPEN TO DEBATE AND DISCUSSION IF YOU THINK THERE SHOULD BE ADDITIONS OR SUBTRACTIONS PLEASE POST[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014
  2. LebronJames

OFFICAL SCRIM RULES

Limits

1 Grenade Launcher per team.
    Reason: Banana Bombing is fucking talentless, and scrims will quickly degrade to 5 Grenade Launchers vs 5 Grenade Launchers.

Rules

Titan Mode Only
    Reason: Why wouldn't we play the real mode?

Don't exploit bugs that directly harm the game being played.
    Example: Say a certain combination of unlikely things exist that will cause the server to crash. Don't fucking do it.

Known Bug(s) that aren't allowed.

Infinite Dashing.
    How it's done: Press your sprint key frame perfectly after you finish dashing.
    Reason: It's not that unreliable to preform, and gives a massively unfair advantage to the player abusing it.

Dropping Titans through the floor.
    How it's done: Putting grenades directly infront of a moving Titan in some portions of the maps causes it to fall through the ground.
    Reason: It mostly doesn't happen anymore, but it's side/map specific that gives the defending team a massively unfair advantage.

Known issue(s) with certain weapons/armor.

Major Tom Legs
    Reason: When you buy the Major Tom legs the percent of added jump is inconsistent, and changes on death randomly between two points. It's a big enough deal that it greatly effects its usefulness on some maps. Specifically Path of Lanterns.

Cryo Sniper
    Reason: After the Cryo Sniper hits level two it seems to revert to serverside hit detection. Developer WeaponTinker claims this is untrue, but anecdotal evidence has proven otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2014
  3. Tiblolan

Tiblolan New Member

Now this is what we're talking about

4. scraawl

scraawl New Member

Awesome! Just anyone can join this then?

5. Pill_

Pill_ Member

Dumb rules are dumb. Read some Sirlin.

I'd play for funsies regardless, but I'm not at home this weekend :(

6. LebronJames

Yes anyone can join.

David Sirlin is a hack and ruined Super Turbo. The most balanced fighting games in the world still have some rules to them.

Look at Super Turbo for example on Akuma being hard banned in America and soft banned in Japan. Why does that happen? Because if Akuma wasn't banned the game would devolve into Akuma vs Akuma because the game does not have a reasonable answer to air fireballs.

EDIT: David Sirlin's Yomi is an alright game though, but I think it should go the hearthstone route instead of continuing to be made as a real life card game because there is way too much shit to keep track of in it.

Everything else Sirlin touches gets ruined.

7. scraawl

scraawl New Member

I'd most likely take part if I could, but I'm afraid Timezones might be a problem.

8. itisjustjeff

itisjustjeff Member

Don't be afraid of timezones too much. A lot of the community is spread out from west coast us to ukraine, to who knows where. The timing may eventually line up with you.

4 people like this.
  9. Pill_

Pill_ Member

I have no clue on anything he's done other than his guide lines for bans in comp games. Also, I assume Akuma wasn't banned before the first match between competitive players.

The point is, seemingly OP or skill-less (absolutely hate that term -- something works or it doesn't, everything else is just subjective) should be given a chance. Maybe you're right, maybe the game will dissolve into GL vs GL, or maybe someone will devise an efficient counter and the game will develop some much needed extra depth.

10. LebronJames

Which is why everything is up for debate and discussion.

However I think Banana Bombing is too much reward for too little effort. So I limited it.

EDIT: Akuma was a hidden boss character in Super Turbo that you had to a bunch of silly nonsense to play as.

EDIT 2: There is no counter to dying in one hit in a massive explosion you can't avoid unless the opponent misses.

11. EmBox

EmBox New Member

Behold the Official Unofficial Logo of E-SPORTS!
    [​IMG]

Made by yours truly.

3 people like this.
  12. LebronJames

What a WORKSOFART!

13. Jays Ego

Jays Ego New Member

hardly play to be fair, but I doubt it'll be that hard.

14. TLaw122

TLaw122 Member

That sounds rly interesting :D
    But i doubt i will be able to have time for that :(

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
  15. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose New Member

I like Pill more and more with each of his posts and I'm with him on this one.
    Bug abuse is a no-no, of course, but I don't think restricting functional game pieces is a good idea at this point, we can always do it later.

16. Infersha

Infersha New Member

I will have this game tomorrow. playin this weekend 4 sho

17. Narf!

Narf! New Member

Nice to see this happening. Keep it up James!

18. P3TC0CK

P3TC0CK New Member

Mumble/VOIP services other than skype are banned in my country. If you're going to try and start a competitive scene try and make a website for it.

Also why no TDM? Titan mode is fun but TDM is great too.

19. itisjustjeff

itisjustjeff Member

TDM is not a competitive game mode. Even games that specialize in TDM (cough CoD cough) do not use TDM that much in their competitive scenes. Most competitive games are objective based, as it adds a dynamic to the game instead of a run and gun scenario.

20. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose New Member

What? How can your country ban something like Mumble? Where do you live even?
    Also, the website will be made in case there will be a need for it.